Please take into account that this page contains mostly changes reliable to end-user. If you are looking for complete history - please look onto integrations in official git repository.
+ Added OpenVR library support, including head tracking for spherical panoramas (tested on HTC Vive).
+ Movie Player - added audio positioning while playing spheric panorama video.
* Fixed saving PNG images when using up-to-date FFmpeg.
* Improved mixed HiDPI/normal screens mixture support on Windows 10 (use new Windows 10 API introduced within '2016 summer update).
* Install image for OS X now comes with OpenAL Soft (system OpenAL from Apple has been used before).
* Movie Player - added option to force HRTF mixing in OpenAL Soft.
* Dropped compatbility with Windows XP.
+ Update FFmpeg to 3.1.1.
+ Android, handle multi-touch input.
+ Android, improve compatibility with file managers and mail clients.
+ Android, add experimental hardware-accelerated video decoding (disabled by default).
+ Movie Player - implement GPU-accelerated conversion of NV12 and XYZ12 formats.
+ Image Viewer - put original filename into save file dialog.
* Movie Player - fix saving playback time of recent file.
* Movie Player - fix tracking playback state for keeping screen on.
* Android, fix crash when closing application on some devices.
* Improve language change without application restart.
* Prevent creation of multiple modal dialogs.
+ Movie Player - support extended remote control from command line.
+ Image Viewer - read/write sTER chunk in PNG files identifying side-by-side format.
+ Image Viewer - show metadata read by FFmpeg.
+ Support list of files within Drag & Drop. Two files are handled as stereo pair.
+ Android, handle keyboard input.
+ Update OpenAL Soft to 1.17.
+ Update FFmpeg to 2.8.2.
+ Port code onto Oculus Rift SDK 0.8.
* Reduce peak memory usage, improve performance using reference-counted frames.
* Windows, update experimental DXVA2 decoder (supports more codecs).
* Windows, fix cursor hiding within NVIDIA 3D Vision output (Direct3D).
* Android, fix compatibility with some OpenGL ES 2.0 drivers supporting GL_EXT_texture_rg extension.
* Handle Esc key within any context menu.
+ Support reading cubemaps in format 3:2 (two rows per 3 quad sides).
+ Add button to activate 360 panorama view (from cubemap or spherical panorama videos and images) on toolbar.
+ Add Czech translation files.
+ Android, implement device orientation tracking within panorama mode (requires precise sensors).
+ Android, handle device back button to close active dialog.
+ Add option to automatically workaround aspect ratio of anamorphic 1080p and 720p videos (turned on by default).
* Windows, turn off screen sleep blocking when user session has been locked.
* Improve handling of recent files when file has been selected within automatically generated playlist.
* Android, improve handling of last opened file and settings storage.
* Improve settings processing on Linux and Android - eliminate redundant file store/restore operations and add recovery for broken files.
+ Cubemap images support (6 sides of the cube stacked horizontally).
+ Added hot-keys configuration dialog.
+ Added volume bar and shuffle/loop buttons to Media Player.
* Fixed issue with HiDPI displays within multi-monitor configurations on Windows 8.1+.
* Updated User Interface - more compact interface, new icons in menu, add scrollbars, improved HiDPI support.
* Improved integration into Ubuntu - fixed missing icons on taskbar.
* Improved touch-screens support.
* Many minor corrections.
+ Porting to FFmpeg 2.5.
+ Windows, 3D Vision output using Direct3D - use WGL_NV_DX_interop extension when available to improve performance.
+ Preliminary support of Android platform.
+ Added Chinese (simplified) translation.
+ Movie Player - prefer audio stream for active GUI language.
+ Movie Player - add support for 3.0 audio streams.
* Windows - fix window resize issues on monitors re-configuration.
* OS X - restore window title when switch from fullscreen mode.
* Movie Player - improve shuffle playback.
* Movie Player - improve m3u playlist support.
* Movie Player - fix seeking of mp3 files with attached image.
* Movie Player - fix issues on audio streams with unsupported / broken configuration.
* Image Viewer - downscale big images which do not fit into texture limits.
* Image Viewer - fix issue reading some broken JPEG files.
+ Movie Player - restore playback position on re-opening of big audio/video files.
+ Movie Player, Image Viewer - detect stereoscopic format detection from file name using keywords abq/lrq/halfou/halfsbs (if file doesn't contain appropriate information).
- Movie Player, Image Viewer - disable ambiguous side-by-side stereoscopic format detection from aspect ratio.
+ Windows 8.1 - adjust dimensions when window moved to monitor with another scale factor.
+ Windows, Interlaced Output - align window position to avoid temporary L/R reversion during window moves.
+ Movie Player - switch to new audio/subtitles track right after attachment.
+ Movie Player - preliminary support of image-based subtitles.
+ Movie Player - process trivial HTML formatting tags (< b > and < i >) in text subtitles.
+ Movie Player - copy shown subtitle text to the clipboard on Ctrl + C.
+ Movie Player - automatically attach audio/subtitles tracks from files with similar name.
+ Image Viewer - parse/save _JPSJPS_ extension section in JPEG files.
+ Image Viewer - show stereoscopic metadata issues (missing, mismatch) in File Info dialog.
+ Added support for new stereo3d API in FFmpeg.
+ Added partial German translation.
+ Added partial Korean translation.
+ Korean and CJK fonts now loaded in addition to Western when required.
* Improved and extended information provided by File Info dialog.
* Image Viewer - read pixel aspect ratio property from image, when available.
* Image Viewer - handle MPO files with big thumbnails (load full images).
* Image Viewer - improved JPEG parser robustness.
* Movie Player - fixed playback of 5.0 and 7.1 audio streams.
* Define Oculus Rift as dedicated device to simplify configuration.
* Fix text characters positioning issue (displacement at second+ displaying time).
* OS X 10.9 - workaround crash in OpenAL framework.
* Improved font searching robustness on Linux.
* Linux - fixed loading of recent files from Gnome recent files menu (URLs with file protocol file:// prefix).
+ Windows - implemented DPI-awareness for Windows Vista+ and per-monitor DPI for Windows 8.1.
+ Linux, XLib - read Xft.dpi property to scale interface appropriately.
+ Distorted Output, Dual Output - added option to display Mono sources in Stereo.
+ Movie Player - added subtitles font size control and parallax control.
* Movie Player - fixed regression, key 'W' doesn't reverse left/right views.
^ Optimized font initialization time and GPU memory usage.
+ Mac OS X - Introduced support for high pixel density displays (Retina).
+ Added option to scale GUI.
+ Movie Player - new Audio/Video synchronization control.
+ Movie Player, Web UI - added audio volume control.
+ Added icons for source format menu items.
* Fixed memory corruption on deletion of last item in playlist (file deletion).
* Mac OS X - Fixed application hang during fullscreen->windowed on Mountain Lion.
* Mac OS X - Corrected events' timing (wrong behavior of holding key events).
* Various improvements in GUI.
* Fix version information in DLL files.
+ Porting to FFmpeg 2.0 (new APIs, planar audio frames, disable cropping on detected tiled dual 720p in 1080p streams).
+ Detect source stereo format in per-frame basis, when provided by codec.
+ Mac OS X - added experimental support of decoding using VDA (accelerated by GPU).
* Accelerate high-range planar YUV (9/10/16 bits per component) to RGB color conversion (using GLSL).
* Display dual-stream video as stereo only when chosen "Autodetection" source format.
* Workaround problems with wglMakeCurrent() in some OpenGL drivers on Windows (possible memory leaks).
+ Movie Player - added tiny Web UI.
+ added preliminary Oculus Rift support (stereo output).
* minor fixes.
+ Movie Player - added menu with recently played files.
+ Movie Player - added hot keys to switch subtitles ('T') and audio treks ('L').
+ Movie Player - added simple playlist widget (Ctrl + L).
+ Movie Player - read stereoscopic tags from WMV files.
+ Added Distorted output for anamorphic side-by-side, over/under outputs.
+ Added Over / Under output mode.
* Linux - fixed XRandr compatibility issues.
* Added FPS meter widget.
* Dual output - extend single window in full-screen mode when possible to improve synchronization.
* Browser plugin - fixed full-screen monitor binding.
* Browser plugin - do not load plugin until it is not visible.
* Improved libraries packaging.
* Keep file playback during output device change.
* Do not create depth buffer when there is no need in it (slightly reduce GPU memory usage).
* Keyboard input handling improvements.
* Improved message box widget (added Close button, added keyboard focus).
* Do not append m3u files to playlist, m3u parser fixes.
+ Adjust stereo separation within '<' and '>' keys to cover notebook keyboards.
+ Use undo/redo buffer to keep played items order in shuffle mode.
+ Detect display(s) reconfiguration during application work (to correctly launch full-screen mode).
+ Movie Player - added new option to prevent system going to sleep during playback.
+ Movie Player - handle Audio device disconnection during application work.
+ Show dirty information about opened file by 'I' hot-key.
* Shuffle playback - generate random order rather than the same pseudo-random order.
* Movie Player - fixed seeking in paused state.
* Movie Player - fixed switching between audio streams with different frequency.
* Fixed saving of BMP image in PNG format.
* Mac OS X - fixed opening file within Finder when sView already started.
* Mac OS X - fixed key combinations within Shift and Ctrl buttons.
* Fixed displaying of stereo images with different dimensions per view.
* Fixed regression - window position didn't restored after application restart.
* Linux - workaround bugs in some drivers (Catalyst) when window content doesn't redrawn after switching back from full-screen mode.
* PageFlip output plugin - show on-screen warning (require full screen mode).
* Browser plugin - download preview image when not in full screen mode.
* Browser plugin - improved thread-safety.
* Browser plugin - improved browsers compatibility.
* Output plugins - reduced memory usage.
* Movie Player - fixed possible crash on exit.
* Removed dependency from GLEW.
+ Added support for webp/webpll images (using libwebp 0.2).
+ Added audio gain control.
+ Setup icon for sView window on Linux (XLib).
+ Interlace output - added option to disable binding to compatible monitor at application start.
+ Dual output - added menu for slave monitor selection.
+ Show Display Aspect Ratio in Image Viewer too.
+ Preliminary support for reading playlist in M3U format.
+ Added experimental ActiveX component (likewise NPAPI plugin).
* Improved compatibility with Max OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (removed redundant dependency from X11 libraries).
* Improved backward seeking in movie player.
* Switch audio device (OpenAL) without application restart.
* Improved compatibility with some OpenAL implementations.
* Image Viewer - reduce FPS for inactive window.
* (Internal) removed dependency from patched FTGL.
* Improved text layout.
+ Introduced support for Mac OS X (with some limitations, Intel x86_64 CPU required).
+ Added AMD HD3D output support (for shutter glasses, Windows-only).
+ Added simple Blend deinterlacing filter (Movie Player).
+ Added French localization.
+ Added tiled stereoformat 720p in 1080p (used by some Europe broadcasters).
+ Introduced UTF-8 subtitles output support.
+ Introduced Debian source package (builds for Ubuntu now available in PPA).
+ Added shuffle play-list playback (Movie Player).
+ Added option to restore Aspect Ratio overridden value after program restart.
+ Added Amber-Blue Dubious filter to Anaglyph output.
+ Added inverse option for Interlaced output (for displays with different left/right lines order).
+ Added full-screen switch button to Image Viewer (to comply with Movie Player GUI).
+ Orientation information now read from JPEG photos to apply automatic rotation.
+ Added option to attach files as additional Audio/Subtitles streams (Movie Player).
+ Added support for 8-bit and 32-bit audio formats.
+ Added playback support for mk3d files (matroska 3D-stereo) within stereo format flag.
+ Read parallax value stored in MPO images by Fujifilm cameras.
^ Anaglyph source formats now decomposed via GPU nor CPU (performance improvement).
^ Improved NVIDIA 3DVision output support (launch speed, 24-bit color quality and stability).
* Improved compatibility with recent FFmpeg API.
* FFmpeg binaries migrated to version 0.10.2 (Windows builds).
* Improved compatibility with BUGs in recent AMD Catalyst releases (Interlaced and Dual outputs).
* Fixed misprint in Mirror Output that cause Y-flip mis-function.
* Slightly improved compatibility with Safari browser on Windows (NPAPI plugin).
* Improved compatibility with Unicode file paths.
* Improved compatibility with another OpenAL implementations (Apple).
* Small fixes in Drag&Drop support on Linux (Nautilus compatibility).
* General improvements and fixes.
+ Added Green/Magenta anaglyph filter.
+ New menu item to change GUI language.
+ Implemented changeable monitors configuration to allow configurations like AMD Eyefinity for advanced user.
+ 64bit version of NPAPI browser plugin now registered in Windows system too (to be used with 64bit Browsers like Firefox 3.6.3 x86_64).
* NPAPI browser plugin MIME-types list was extended with image/jps, image/pns and image/mpo (improve compatibility with some galleries).
* Small fixes of GUI elements.
* Fixed BUG that may cause significant slowdown of application GUI in some cases (long system inactivity).
* Demo image was updated.
* Fixed multichannel audio playback on the Linux distributives with modern FFmpeg version (Ubuntu 10.10+).
* Fixed errors that may cause OpenGL calls to release video memory when OpenGL context was already destroyed (may cause application crash on some OpenGL-drivers).
* Added more standard paths for standard fonts (Gentoo and Fedora).
* NPAPI-plugin now registered within DEB-package installation (notice: it is still not totally stable, you may consider to disable it in the browser settings).
+ Added experimental diagnostics module (for stereoscopic displays calibration).
* Fixed left/right reversion for anaglyph and iZ3D outputs.
* Fixed video playback issue which may cause wrong FPS and seek problems for some videos.
* Fixed out-of-window mouse unclick problem on Windows.
* Improved compatibility with old GPU hardware without GL_RED texture support (YUV video playback).
* Hide slave window on Windows with only single monitor connected (Dual Output and iZ3D output).
First official release.
First public experimental version based on new code. Changes relative to sView 2008:
* New systems support: Windows Vista, Window7 and Linux Ubuntu.
* Internet Browser plugin for embedded stereo (supported NPAPI browsers).
* Audio/Video playback via FFmpeg and OpenAL libraries.
* Enhanced devices support list, output mode auto-detection mechanism (for some devices).
* GLSL (OpenGL shader language) and OpenGL2, speed up rendering on modern hardware.
* Mono output support (program now more universal!).
* Spheric panorama output (sphere - 'P' key).
* Better fit to the screen feature.
* Native Unicode support.
* Better multi-monitors configurations support.
* Module architecture, another developers could provide own stereo-devices support extensions.
* Drag&Drop support.
* No files count limit.
* Windows AMD64 builds.
* Language translations now loaded from external text files.
* New version scheme, Ubuntu-style.
* Better multi-threading support.
* A lot of user-friendly improvements.
* Improved common-picture rotates for several stereo-outputs (for mirrored output still WRONG).
+ Added QuadBuffered stereo output (hardware accelerated).
* Improved extensions in open-file dialog.
* Walk-speed is changed to FAST at install.
+ Added another anaglyph algorithm.
^ Anaglyph and iZ3D modes were optimized.
- Removed halfcolor anaglyph mode.
+ Added walk-speed choice.
* Fixed second window position for Dual-window modes.
* Improved error handling.
* Improved iZ3D - default L/R were swapped.
* Improved iZ3D - back color for optimal.
+ Menus were added (available in 2 languages: Russian and English due install process).
+ New stereo output modes are supported (Horizontal Mirror; Dual output; iZ3D; Anaglyph; mono).
+ Slide-show added.
* Main program icons are updated to fully support Vista OS.
* CPU load were decreased (just sleeps).
- Fullscreen modes were removed.
- BlueLine support was removed.
+ Many other improvements.
* Fixed File Searching (last file).
* Improved some file-change routine.
+ Add *.pns searching.
+ Now try to check OpenGL extension "wglSwapIntervalEXT" to force Vertical Sync ON (if possible).
^ Improved speed for load Images (for Images less Current Texture Size NO rescale).
^ Improved WinAPI BlueLine (now resolution checks).
* Use DevIL library for image decoding.
First public win32 alpha version without GUI. Key features:
. Render side-by-side stereo-pair for shutter glasses (software emulated Quadbuffered pageflip).
. Windowed and fullscreen output.
. Navigation through the image files in the current directory (next/previous).
. Keyboard control (hot-keys).
. In first prototype console calls to the IrfranView program were used to convert the image to BMP format.